Topic: o be No 18 professionally althou

Tadhg Furlong has admitted feeling embarrassed by being tipped to win selection for next summers British and Irish Lions tour to New Zealand.Ireland completed a 2016 clean sweep over the southern hemispheres big three with Saturdays 27-24 victory over Australia in Dublin.The increasingly-influential Furlong has catapulted himself to the front of the queue for the Lions number three shirt next summer with a string of fine November performances.But the 24-year-old Wexford native has insisted he feels a big, big step away from the Lions picture.Its kind of daunting in a way, to be honest with you, said Furlong of links to next summers Lions squad. Because you know in your own head that jeez, my scrum wasnt great there or my entry wasnt great here, and if I do this against a really great scrummaging pack, Im going to be torn apart here.That is your thought process. And with people throwing that out, you get kind of embarrassed. The Lions is synonymous with such a big brand and so many great players have played there. Do I see myself there at the minute? No.I think I have a long journey to go and, as I said, Ive only started four games for Ireland, two Heineken Cup games for Leinster and it is a big, big step to be making those shouts.Englands Dan Cole, Wales Samson Lee and Scotlands WP Nel will all be in the mix for Lions selection, but Furlong has emerged as the standout tighthead across Irelands impressive autumn series.Furlongs bullish ball-carrying, his unyielding drive and smart set-piece work have all helped Ireland move their tight game on still further under boss Joe Schmidt and forwards coach Simon Easterby. Ireland made history with their first-ever win over New Zealand in their 40-29 triumph at Chicagos Soldier Field.Schmidts side had already toppled South Africa 26-20 in Cape Town in June - and on Saturday added the scalp of Australia to complete a stunning southern hemisphere clean sweep inside 12 months.Ireland are now the first European team to beat the southern hemispheres big three nations in a calendar year since England in 2003. Furlong for one is refusing to let himself get carried away - insisting his emergence as Irelands starting tightead remains in its infancy.The Leinster star also laid much of the credit for his own progress at the feet of 36-year-old provincial team-mate and veteran of 61 Ireland caps Mike Ross.Mike Ross has been a stalwart for years and years and hes delivered so well for Ireland that no other tighthead has really got a look-in, in terms of his consistency in the scrum and general soundness around the pitch, said Furlong.To come up under him, Ive worked with Mike a long time through the academy at Leinster. Hes been a really good mentor for me I suppose to step out of his shadow and get a few games has been really good for me.Look, you cant get carried away either. Youre only one bad scrummaging performance from being torn apart, so theres definitely work I can do in that area. Its something that Ill reflect on these three games Ive played in. Breaking it down now over the next week, Ill put plans together to try and improve in that area. Cheap Nike Free Run Shoes . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Nike Free Run Womens Sale .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http://www.freerunforsalecheap.com/ . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Nike Free Run . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Nike Free Run Shoes Cheap Online . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs.TORONTO -- Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen says newly acquired midfielder Michael Thomas brings versatility to his MLS club. A motivated Thomas says you can add work ethic to that list. "Im happy to be somewhere where I think Ill get a lot of opportunities and chances to prove myself," a sweat-drenched Thomas said after his first practice with Toronto on Thursday. "It wasnt happening in Kansas City at the time so Im happy to be at a place where were starting to turn things around." The 25-year-old Thomas signed with his hometown club in January 2012 but only appeared in seven MLS matches for Sporting Kansas City. Toronto gave up a second-round pick in the 2015 draft to get him. "The past year and a half has been a little bit frustrating," he acknowledged. "Not playing as much as I would like to. To come somewhere where you know youre wanted really brings a lot of confidence back. I cant wait to get out there and really prove myself." The five-foot-10, 170 pounder describes himself as a centre midfielder, although he has also played centre back. "I consider myself a workhorse in the middle, a two-way midfielder. I can contribute offensively, score goals, get assists, but love to work hard and get back defensively as well. Ive always been complimented about my work ethic and thats what Im going to bring to the table every day. I work my tail off." Thomas was drafted 19th overall by San Jose in the 2010 SuperDraft but elected to follow his dream and sign overseas with Swedish first division team Halmstads BK before moving to fellow Swedish side Ljungskile SK some six months later. "It was a risk but I was willing to take it," he said. "It was a great experience, great country," he said of his two years in Sweden. &"The calibre of play is very good too.ddddddddddddIts more of an aggressive league and direct, but to be able to get over there, play some games and get some experience at a young age was something that was very good for me." Ready for a new challenge, he relished a chance to sign with a Sporting Kansas City team on the rise. He grew up in Olathe, some 20 minutes outside Kansas City. The move also reunited him with former Fighting Irish and local club teammate Matt Besler. "At the time it was a dream come true," he said. He leaves "with all the respect in the world" for Sporting Kansas City, he said. The team seems to share that opinion of him. "Michael has an incredible attitude and work ethic while he was here," KC manager Peter Vermes said in a statement. "The decision was of mutual consent. Toronto is a team that was very interested in him and we wish him all the best with the opportunity." Thomas came to Torontos attention via Notre Dame coach Bobby Clark, who knows Torontos coaching staff and has used TFCs training ground. Thomas scored 19 goals and added 13 assists in 81 starts at Notre Dame. He went to South Bend after helping his high school team to three state titles. Thomas, whose salary is listed at US$60,713 this season, will wear No. 18 at TFC. He wore No. 8 at high school and college and was No. 1 at his local club team growing up. He combined that to be No 18 professionally although he took 88 (the year he was born) in Kansas City because No. 18 was already taken. NOTES -- The days of midfielder Terry Dunfield are indeed over at Toronto. The club has replaced a large photo of the Canadian international, who was cut in mid-June, at its training centre with one of Argentine midfielder Matias Laba. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Thumbs up