Topic: Eagles have plenty at stake against the Cowboys

just a microcosm of how their season is going. ,The Philadelphia Eagles found a way to win on their bye week

the Eagles will enter their Week 11 showdown with a three-game lead in the NFC East over the Cowboys. Quite the huge lead for the Eagles at this point in the season. ,With the Dallas Cowboys losing to the Atlanta Falcons Sunday

but Philadelphia has a golden opportunity to give Dallas the proverbial "kill shot" with a victory. ,The Eagles could lose this game and still hold a two-game lead over the Cowboys with six game to play

If the Eagles beat the Cowboys, but own the divisional tiebreaker over the Cowboys for winning the first game in the head-to-head matchup. , Philadelphia will own a four-game lead in the NFC East with six games remaining. Not only will the Eagles be up four games

so Philadelphia would know the stakes heading into the game. ,Philadelphia's magic number to clinch the division would fall to two with a victory. The Eagles could clinch the division in Week 12 with a win over the Chicago Bears and a Cowboys loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. Dallas plays Los Angeles on Thanksgiving

With the magic number at two, Philadelphia would be able to clinch the division as early as Week 13 (wins over the Bears and Seattle Seahawks). , the Eagles would have to win just two of their final six games to win the NFC East. If Dallas does beat Los Angeles in Week 12

There's plenty at stake for the Eagles against the Cowboys. NFC East supremacy is there for the taking.

The Eagles moved closer to winning the NFC East on Sunday — and they didn’t even play.

all three division rivals lost.,While Doug Pederson’s team was enjoying its bye week

while Washington lost to the Vikings 38-30 and the Giants couldn’t handle the previously winless 49ers 31-21.,The Cowboys fell to the Falcons 27-7 in Atlanta

That means the NFL-leading Eagles (8-1) hold a three-game advantage on the 5-4 Cowboys heading into Sunday night’s meeting in Dallas. Washington is all but out of it at 4-5, and the Giants are 1-8., since the Birds hold the tiebreaker by virtue of two head-to-head wins

With Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott still having to serve five games of his NFL suspension, as well as a significant lead in NFC games (7-0 vs. 4-4) that would come into play as the tiebreaker if the Cowboys win the Dec. 31 season finale to split the season series., the Eagles can all but wrap up the division with a victory Sunday evening. That would give the Birds a four-game edge on Dallas

which allowed Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn to dominate fill-in tackle Chaz Green — apparently no relation to former Philly tackle Winston Justice — and sack Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott six times. Smith could be back to face the Eagles.,Dallas was without injured left tackle Tyron Smith on Sunday

Top cornerback Ronald Darby, was a full participant at practice Monday and should return for the Birds. Tight end Zach Ertz is also expected to play again after missing the 51-23 beatdown of the Broncos because of a tight hamstring., who has been out since Week 1 due to a dislocated ankle

Rams and Vikings won to move to 7-2. Each of the three remains one game behind the Birds.,The news wasn’t as good from the conference perspective since the Saints

Road dates with the 6-3 Seahawks (Dec. 3) and 7-2 Rams (Dec. 10) could go a long way toward determining if the Eagles have home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.

most likely,Authentic Steve Largent Jersey,The difference between being the top seed and No. 3 or 4 is significant. The No. 1 team would only have to win two home playoff games to reach the Feb. 4 Super Bowl in Minneapolis. A third or fourth seed would need three victories to get to Super Bowl LII, the conference championship — on the road., with the second game — and

with the 3-6 Bears (Nov. 16 at home) and 1-8 Giants (Dec. 17 on the road) struggling the most.,Authentic 12th Fan Jersey,The Eagles’ seven remaining opponents possess a combined 31-32 record

Rams and Cowboys are the only opponents with winning records. The other foe is the 4-5 Raiders on Monday Night Football (Dec. 25).,The Seahawks

go 4-3 the rest of the way,If the Eagles, they’d end up with 12 victories.,Authentic Russell Wilson Jersey, who have won seven in a row

the Birds can make all of these scenarios meaningless by continuing to win.,Then again

in part because of how well the other defensive backs were playing in his place.,Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby said he never felt rushed to return

considered the Eagles' top cornerback,And yes,Authentic Mike Evans Jersey, had missed the previous eight games with a dislocated ankle that he suffered in the season opener on Sept. 10., Darby did try to come back sooner. Darby

the Eagles' first since returning from a week off. ,Darby said Monday that he will play this Sunday when the Eagles face the Dallas Cowboys. Darby said he was a full participant in a light practice Monday

so there was no need to rush back out there and look horrible. Everybody would be like,"Eight weeks was the goal,Authentic Jameis Winston Jersey, 'Why you rushing back?'"," Darby said. "But it wasn’t feeling right at that time

Patrick Robinson and even rookie Rasul Douglas,Darby said the play of other defensive backs, has made him feel comfortable returning at his own pace., like Jalen Mills

It's also why Darby said he might not play every snap right away. He said he's fine with that.

and if I’m real winded,"Them boys been holding it down since Week 1, I’m just going to take a few plays off. They’re going to help work me back into everything."," Darby said. "I’m going to go out there and give it my all

almost like acquiring a marquee player at the trade deadline. Until Darby's return,Still, the Eagles have been mixing and matching cornerbacks to fit the wide receivers they're going against. , Darby's return provides a huge lift for the Eagles' secondary

Robinson has started on the outside,Only Mills, in his second season, then moved inside for nickel situations with Douglas or Jaylen Watkins playing on the outside., has played every snap at cornerback. On the other side

That type of rotation could continue, while Darby works himself back into what he called "football shape." , at least against Dallas and receiver Dez Bryant

" Mills said. "Guys stepped up. That just comes from dudes’ preparation,"When he went down, on and off the field … That’s the type of group that we have., people kind of expected that there would be a hole in the defense or whatever

when he gets on the field,"But he's another key piece. I don’t know how [defensive coordinator Jim] Schwartz is going to play it as far as packages go or whatever. But we know for sure, we’re getting another playmaker out there.", regardless of whatever happens

It's easy to forget that Darby is brand new to the Eagles' system, sending wide receiver Jordan Matthews and a third-round pick to Buffalo., and that was the case even when he was playing. The Eagles traded for him on Aug. 11

Darby had played in just two preseason games with the Eagles,Womens Jameis Winston Jersey, and then was injured in the second quarter of his first regular-season game. So he never really had the chance to learn the system of defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz., and sparingly at that

For several weeks, attend position meetings and watch practice., all Darby could do was rehab

"I learned a lot being hurt because all you could do is study for the most part,Womens Steve Largent Jersey, I was able to see it and understand it."," he said. "I learned everything they do on the field

and then the Eagles had their week off. Darby stayed in Philadelphia and continued to rehab,Darby began practicing last month,Womens 12th Fan Jersey, which gave his ankle an extra week to recover., but on a limited basis. He did this for three weeks

"the percentage is real high,He wouldn't say if his ankle is 100 percent healed," and that it's strong enough to play. But Darby doesn't know how much he'll play.,Womens Russell Wilson Jersey, saying only

"I’m just going off what the coaches do, I’m going to be ready."," Darby said. "However they play it out

DT Tim Jernigan said he's ecstatic to sign his four-year extension through the 2021 season,Authentic Mike Alstott Jersey, a chance for $48 million total — but also knowing that he'll be a key component in the middle with starting DT Fletcher Cox. , not only for the money — $26 million guaranteed

Jernigan is in his first season with the Eagles after they traded for him during the spring with the Baltimore Ravens.

"He has done nothing but try to help me in every aspect,Womens Jameis Winston Jersey," Jernigan said about Cox., on the field and off the field

The Eagles signed veteran linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and waived cornerback Dexter McDougle on Monday. Ellerbe, played the first four seasons of his career (2009-12) with the Baltimore Ravens. He then went to Miami and spent the last two seasons with the New Orleans Saints. He started eight games for the Saints last season.,Womens Mike Alstott Jersey, who'll turn 32 on Nov. 29

He's expected to provide depth at linebacker after middle linebacker Jordan Hicks was lost for the season with a torn Achilles.

not including the remainder of the 2017 campaign. Jernigan didn't lose sight of that fact when he signed his extension. ,Womens Mike Evans Jersey,That means Jernigan will be paired with Fletcher Cox for the next four seasons

" Jernigan said. "When I made the decision to come here after getting traded,"It's a blessing, Fletch was the first person to call me. He congratulated me and let me now good things were in store. ,cman

Jernigan and Cox have wreaked havoc on opposing quarterbacks this season, having 4.5 sacks and a forced fumble. , combining for 28 tackles and nine sacks as the Eagles have vaulted to the top-ranked rush defense in the NFL. Cox has been the major beneficiary as Jernigan has taken the double-team off him

it's all working out man. I'm just glad to be with him a little while longer.","You know

Thumbs up